Monday, February 6, 2012

Five States In Four Days Part II

Last post, I told you about my trip out to Spring Green, WI. Now, from where I left off.......

While Debbie & Pam worked on the box smalls, I set to work on the Morning Star spice box. I'm teaching the class this month at my shop so I needed to get my model done. Here are the "parts" drying after being painted.



And here is the piece laced but just resting on the box lid. I still need to wax the box and glue the needlework to the top. Stay tuned for pics of the class. If you're local and want to join in, there are still a few openings in the March class.



Debbie was on quite a roll that night. She also assembled this sweet piece that had been languishing in her "stitched" pile for many years! I think it took her all of 45 minutes to put it together.










And finally, here's a pic of where it all took place. This is the living room/work area of the 2nd Story. Notice all the different work stations to make this truly a great place to get some serious finishing done. Rotary cutters and cutting mats at the ready, iron & ironing board just begging to be "pressed" into service and all the wonderful tables to spread out and move from project to project.



I do have a few ornaments to show you that were cut and assembled on that weekend, but I need to sew on the cording first. I hope to have those ready to show you soon!

Cathy

3 comments:

  1. Great projects! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the box! What a wonderful room to do the finishing in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time. Do you sell the boxes for the BBD project in your shop?

    ReplyDelete