Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Quick Trip East

While at the retreat in Shipshewana this past October, I ordered an item from Yoder's Hardware store. I was waiting and waiting for it to come in. I had hoped it would come in during November because I wanted to meet a friend of mine who would just happen to be out in Shipshe on a Quilt Retreat around Thanksgiving. Well, they called last week to tell me that my item was now in stock. It was a large item and I knew it would be cheaper to drive and pick it up then to have it shipped to me. Two weeks before Christmas was not the optimal time to make a quick trip to Shipshewana, but if I didn't go on my day off this week, it would be at least a month before I had an opportunity to get out there.

The drive was pleasant, the temperatures, mild and I was able to stop at the Blue Gate and "Christmas store" to check out what was new. Here are some pictures right before evening set in.



I picked up what I ordered at Yoder's and after quickly making a few purchases of Christmas gifts, I set out for home. I wish I had more time to stay and take in all the lovely, twinkling lights, but that will be for another day.

I was able to snap a quick shot of Rob, the UPS guy that brings all the wonderful, stitchy designs to the shop.



Jill brought in some finished Ink Circles designs a few weeks ago that she will be giving as gifts this Christmas.




Marilyn also stopped by with some finishes of her own. My goodness......so many samplers, so little time!





I hope to bring you some more updates of customer framing and/or stitching projects within the next week. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. How fun and exciting! Weather wise you had the perfect day!!! The scenery looks beautiful. Love Jill's pieces and the framing. Marilyn's samplers are really pretty.Hope I get to see them framed.
    Only you could get a smile out of your UPS guy!!!
    Linda C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A day trip to Shipshewana is a great idea! The Ink Circles pieces and the samplers are very pretty, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy,

    You had left a comment on my blog asking who was the designer of Nancy's ornament. It's by Heartstring Samplery!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete