Friday, February 19, 2010

Off to Market!

We're on our way to Nashville! Yee Haw! We stopped this morning for breakfast in Seymour, Indiana, at the Waffle House. This restaurant is not part of the typical "Waffle House" chain. It is honest-to-goodness down home cookin'. The coffee hit the spot after a long night of driving.

We set out driving last night and then pulled over in a rest stop to catch a couple hours sleep. When I awoke this morning, this was the view that greeted me.



There's a lot more snow here in Indiana than back home in Chicago! I feel for you, my friends. The last few days we have been enjoying warmer temps (30-ish degrees) and the sun has been warm and melting all the snow.

I am really pumped up about Market. There has been talk of new Market items, but not as much as usual. I think there will be some wonderful surprises in store for all of us!

I do have my Customer Shopping List with me so if you are out browsing the web and happen upon a photo or description of a new release that you would love to get your hands on, just shoot me an email to cathy at inspiredneedle dot com. I will be at Market until Sunday morning and as long as the item is still in stock, I will be sure to pick one up for you.

Here's a Winter Wonderland update. The winner of the drawing has not yet contacted me. If I don't hear from her by Monday (one week from the drawing), then I will draw a new winner.

Woohoo, we just crossed over into Kentucky! Aww, I just saw the Louisville Marriott hotel where we stayed when attending the Celebration of Needlework festival that was there in the fall of 2008. Louisville is also the home town of the National Headquarters of The Embroiderer's Guild of America. So many stitching memories! I'll have to tell you all about my upcoming stitching event with Celebration of Needlework in April. I'll save that for another post.

Until then, get inspired! I know I am!
Cathy

3 comments:

  1. Cathy,

    Seymour, Indiana, the hometown of John Mellencamp. I have passed through there many times on our way to Kentucky, where we used to own a farm. I hope your enjoy your time at Market.

    Jon Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! I wish I were with you! Please give us updates if possible!!!! Can't wait for next Friday!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi~ Jon Lee took my comment about John Mellancamp; any pink houses??? Your pics are gorgeous! Hope you are having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete