Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Debbie!

What a beautiful day it is here in Chicagoland! The temp climbed to a high of 81 degrees today.....the windows and back door to the shop were open. There was a soft breeze drifting into the shop. It remained comfortable inside; I just couldn't bring myself to turn on the air after being cooped up all winter long!

I must send out birthday wishes to Her Royal Stitchiness, Debbie! She is my good friend and a supersonic stitcher. What did she do just prior to her big day? She stitched another model for the shop!! What a fab friend! She is enjoying time with her family that are visiting after a long stint overseas. I know they had a busy few weeks planned. Yesterday was spent at Brookfield Zoo and today they were going downtown to the Sears Tower Skydeck. Debbie, enjoy the wonderful day you were born! You are a gem of a friend.

Here is the sweet little scissor case Debbie whipped up. It is a Limited Edition design by The Cat's Whiskers called "For My Friend" stitched with those luscious Dinky-Dye silk threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment