Saturday, July 11, 2009

Americana on my mind

Ever since Ranae was in the shop last weekend and purchased some R&R linen, "Americana Blend" for a chart she wanted to work on, I've been mulling it over in my mind about what I could stitch on that fabric. When we pulled the 32 count fabric, we ooh-ed and aah-ed over the very cool blue/green color. It was not quite what she was expecting but we both really liked it and she left very pleased with her selection. She will have to refresh my memory what chart the fabric was for, but I think it was a La-D-Da.

This week I've been in a very patriotic mood. I changed out the display in the front window and now there are lots of Red, White and Blue themed charts in view. One new chart that has come in the shop is "1776" by Carousel Charts.

Getting ready for my long weekend, I wanted to cut linen and pull fibers to stitch this design. The chart calls for 16 count Fiddler's Oatmeal Light Aida. Now I like linen. All kinds. I didn't want Oatmeal, Antique White or Cream fabric and was thinking that the design would lend itself to a blueish fabric. So I turned to my fabric cabinet and started looking and my fingers fell upon, yep, you guessed it, Americana Blend! I pulled the 30 count I have in this color and it is certainly blu-er than the piece that Ranae got, but I like it equally. I always marvel that I can look at something day in and day out and not really see it, but let someone "discover" it and suddenly, I see it in a whole new light! That's what I love about stitch nights. I like to see what others are working on. They always lend inspiration and while I may not choose to stitch what someone is working on, I may get new ideas just from seeing their current work-in-process. Here's my "before" pic. I'll post progress pics as I can.



I'm heading out of town for a long weekend. The shop will be in capable hands. I'm very torn when I have to leave town as I really want to go, but I know I'll miss out on what is happening around the shop. I hope the gals take notes and let me know what I will miss! Take care and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment