Saturday, July 11, 2009

Didn't make the finish

My local chapter of EGA will be assembling a biscornu for the "Program" portion of our meeting. The story began back in February where our Program Chairman cajoled the members to stitch a tuffet. Now, most of our membership is a little intimidated by the assembly process of the pincushion, but Joyce, our Chairman, patiently and gently explained how it was done. She instructed us in the up-front basting and backstitching that needs to take place before ever putting in those first stitches. We all left that meeting confident that we'd return for our April meeting finished with the stitching and ready to tackle the assembly.

Well, here it is....tomorrow is our chapter meeting and I haven't finished stitching my biscornu. I guess I will have to sit attentively and take lots of notes!! I am so close with the finish....one more motif to stitch and then the border. However, there is a 2nd side to this tuffet so I'm not really all that close. The progress continues. Now that I see how lovely this is turning out, I can't wait to finish! (Rindy, what do you think??)



Designer: Maureen Appleton ~ The Heart's Content
Design name: Garden Tuffet and Fob (haven't even thought about the fob yet!)
Stitched on "Muffin" Glenshee Linen with DMC floss

No comments:

Post a Comment