Saturday, July 11, 2009

Top 4 reasons how you know spring is here....

4. Hyacinth, Daffodils, Tulips
3. Freshly mown grass (and the smell)!
2. Rain. Lots of it.
1. And the number one reason how you know spring is here.....DANDELIONS!

Ok, this can be edited to add more reasons. I could only come up with 4 - at least the top 4 that have been on my mind the last week or so! Here's a beautiful sight that greets me every morning when I leave my house. This was taken yesterday when there was a bit of sunlight shining down. Today it was overcast and gloomy (again...) and those pretty tulips were closed up tight.


A different, pretty little sight is "Friendship Samplers" by Country Stitches~With Thy Needle & Thread. These are miniature samplers and are shown stitched and mounted into little tin frames. They are so sweet. The designer has threaded the tin loop through with twine and affixed these precious samplers to rusty cans, a tattered old novel, a much-loved teddy.....you can even put it on a chain and wear it around your neck! Look at the lovely colors! Recommended fabric is Platinum Belfast and the DMC threads. I can just picture the ornament tree in my front shop window filled with these. Maybe my dear shop associate, Pam, can be coerced into stiching one (or two or three) for the shop??? :)

1 comment: