Saturday, July 11, 2009

Another weekend gone....

Saturday was a busy day at the shop and before I could finish my lunch, it was 4 o' clock. The DH decided to meet me at the shop and take me out to dinner. Well, actually, he drove his motorcycle and followed me to the restaurant. There is a new restaurant in downtown Lemont that opened that looked promising, but I chickened out from trying it. I hesitate when spending $$ for a nice steak if I'm unfamiliar with a place. What if the food is bad or not what I expected? I really dislike spending good money for dinner and then not being satisfied. So, we opted for one of my favorite restaurants, Longhorn. I have never had a bad meal there and Saturday night was no exception! My usual fare is the prime rib ~ mmmmm, yummy, however, I had a hankering for ribs. That in itself is unusual because if you know me, you know that I almost never order ribs. I was just in the mood, you know? So, I fretted and worried that I would be sorry I veered from the tried and true prime rib...well that is until my dinner came and I took one little bite of the ribs! Never had to fear! They were outstanding!! The DH had the prime rib and he was equally pleased with his meal. Two thumbs up, Longhorn!

Then, for the really good news of the evening, I worked on my little blackbird and he is finished. I added my initials and year at the bottom but first stitched them in Cinnamon to match the alphabet up top. I didn't like how it clashed with the greenery, so today I ripped it out and re-stitched with the same silk as the leaves and stems. Everything blends together well and you hardly notice the initials. Sorry for the wrinkled linen, but I was in a hurry to snap the picture as we were heading back out the door to the Sunday evening service.


Then when we got back home, I laced up "Hot Cider" by Little By Little. Pam did a great job on this design. She whipped it up in no time at all and I've been lax in ordering a frame for it. Well tonight it is ready for a new frame and a new place on the wall. You'll have to wait until I get it back before I can post a picture.

That's all for now! Happy Monday, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment