Saturday, July 11, 2009

A downtown visit

Although the reason we were downtown was not a good one, I did manage to snap a few pics of our beautiful city. The day was drizzly and overcast as evidenced by the low clouds obscuring the Sears Tower. If you look at the 2nd car on the left in the photo and then scan straight up with your eyes, the dark thin building is the Sears Tower. You can't see the top of the building nor the antennas due to the clouds.



Then, while waiting at a light, I looked up and there was the John Hancock building! It's the one with the antenna showing. Directly behind it, kind of whitish with a row of dark windows on the top floor, is the Chase Building, or as I remember growing up calling it the First National Bank building. That was an aquisition, but does it seem like every building gets renamed at some point? Even our beloved Marshall Fields is now Macy's. It will always be Marshall Fields to me!



Since I had lots of waiting time available to me, I was working on Summer Flower Sampler by Knotted Tree. Granted I did a lot of this during the last few days, but I did get a chunk done today. I made some progress, huh?



The picture does not do it justice. The silks are just so vibrant! I truly love this design and will enjoy looking at it hanging on the wall. I'm not sure about the specialty stitches, though. The design calls for some Rhodes stitches and a few other stitches (I can't remember off the top of my head) done in black and scattered about the design. I'll do a couple and see how it looks. I may decide to just leave them out.

Feel free to leave comments if you have something you'd like to say. I do enjoy keeping up with the blog and sharing with you all a little part of my day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment